Best way to clean deck

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by dippyduck, Jul 15, 2004.

1. dippyduck

dippyduck LawnSite Member

I am a new Fastrack owner. This is an awesome machine that I want to keep for many years. What's the best way to keep the underside of the deck clean and free of accumulated grass deposits without removing the paint? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

2. supermini z

supermini z LawnSite Member

I use a deck wash on my super mini z. It is a fitting that you drill a hole on top of the deck farthest away from the discharge. then there is a bolt for the bottom of the deck and in top to hold the fitting together then they have a valve on the top that you just twist off and insert your garden hose onto. you run the mower with the blades on for 5 minutes with the deck lowered down then you run the mower without water to dry off. It works pretty good it is not perfect but it get's 90% of the grass off. I use it after everyday I mow. Check with your dealer to see if they have something. I got mine from hoober's if you have one in your area.

3. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

Thats sounds like a good Idea! I think I will give that a try when I find some time!

4. jimmyj810

jimmyj810 LawnSite Member

This sounds like a great idea. Do you know the manufacturer of this product. Is "Hoobers" a national outfit. I am in Miss. and have never heard of them. Could you please supply a pic or more info. Thanks.

5. dippyduck

I did a seach and called Hoober's 1(800) 341-4028. Was told that the "deck wash" is made off brass and requires that you drill a 13/16 hole in the deck. The price I was quoted was $12.50 +shipping. Sounds good. Will drilling a hole in the deck cause any warranty problems?

6. supermini z

supermini z LawnSite Member

NO it will not cause problems. I will try to get some pictures for you guy's in the next couple days. Your warrenty will be fine. I think this is they guy's e-mail dave_k@chalttv.com try e-mailing him for info tell me if this is the right e-mail address.

7. jimmyj810

jimmyj810 LawnSite Member

I think the guy's E-mail address is
    dave_K@chalktv.com. I sent him an e-mail a couple of hours ago and it has not come back as being invalid.

8. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It may or may not cause a problem...... that is yet to be seen.
    Here is some info from your warranty statement...
    "WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY
    Hustler Turf Equipment, does not warranty:
    Damages caused by unauthorized attachments,
    alterations or modifications"

Pj

9. dippyduck

Since drilling a hole, and installing a cleaning port, in the deck of the mower could invalidate a warranty claim- Then what is the Hustler endorsed (warranty approved) way to remove grass debris from under the deck?

It seems logical that a clean mower deck would improve performance and possibly prevent future service/warranty issues. Let's get the official word from Hustler.:confused:

10. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The old fashion way.
    Scrape it clean.
    Have a good weekend all.

Pj