Best way to clean up acorns?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by QuadRacer041, Sep 24, 2009.

1. TheNatural

TheNatural LawnSite Member

Power broom sounds like the way to go. We've always used backpacks to do the job. I find you have to be a bit more aggressive blowing acorns than anything else. What I mean by that is you have to get closer to the turf and right up on them to really get em moving well. It's a little bit more of a workout and you have to do more side to side movements with the hose as well. I get em in lines and work em as far as I can go until their ready to pile. Then a scoop, barrel, and rake finishes it up.

2. FastMan

FastMan LawnSite Senior Member

Secretly video tape them doing something wrong, then strip them of their funding.

3. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

You do need to pay attention, but we have yet to create any long lasting damage to the turf. This method gets them all, embedded or not. I personally like the broom attachment best, but the paddle works fine also....

4. kirk1701

kirk1701 LawnSite Gold Member

:clapping:

Yep, have oak tree's in the front yard, walnot and hickory tree's in the back. Most of the walnuts have already fallen and what the squirrel's didn't get a neighbor did.

Only problem is my squirrels think my yard is the best place to now dig up, hide their nuts :confused:

5. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

well then you need an army of panthers--to go after the squirrels

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Cut the tree down ... no tree, no acorns. :laugh:

7. QuadRacer041

QuadRacer041 LawnSite Senior Member

I like the way you think!

8. LBLC_LCO

LBLC_LCO LawnSite Senior Member

lol Nice.

:clapping:

9. QuadRacer041

Stihl makes the powersweep(paddles) or the brush. What one do you use? Looks like the brush may be too abrasive for the lawn.

10. QuadRacer041

Like I asked before, you use the bristle brush or the paddle attachment?