Best way to do leaves?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by KeystoneLawn&Landscaping, Jan 23, 2006.

1. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

First, this is a great site!! This will be my first full time year in the business and looking forward to having a great year. With the info on here, Ive already learned alot....Question?....Best way to do leaves?...Ive been using a blower rakes and tarps. I was thinking a vac that mulches would be a good idea or a stronger blower and a vac/ mulcher attached to my leave trailer? I appriciate all answers...Thanks

2. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

We blow them out of the beds and away from the buildings and grind them up with a mulch kit. I used to bag but it looks just as good mulched providing there is ample amount of grass to hide the mulch.

3. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

get a truck loader and vacuum them up if you just mulch them you will eventually change the PH of the yard leaves are very acidic and if customer really cares about their lawn they will know that it wasnt done right. clean leaves off lawn then go over it with a mower with a bagger to get any that were left

4. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Try doing a search, this topic has been discussed at great length in the past.

5. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

thanks jtkplc....have found some good info....goin surfin to some manufactors sites

6. Simply Green L&L

Simply Green L&L LawnSite Member

We use backpack blowers, Little Wonder push blowers and tarps to get the leaves out to the curb. Then we use a Billy Goat truck loader to vac the leaves into the stake dump. No matter what method you use to get the leaves to the truck, a vac is the best way to get them into it.

7. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

Do a soil sample in the spring and adjust the ph if need be. It amazes me the people that think their way is the only right way. Either way - bagged or mulched - as long as the lawn is clean and the leaves are gone is the right way.

8. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

i would just rather do it right the first time instead of having to go back and fix it in the spring i have enough to do in the spring without adding to it

9. allisland

allisland LawnSite Member

Blow out the beds then mulch the leaves w/gator blades then blow them out they will blow into dust simple and effective practical without dumping way to save time and money.:gunsfirin :gunsfirin :gunsfirin :gunsfirin

10. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

I use 2 echo back packs

1 little wonder 8 horse( I can only imagine what a bigger one will do)

Little wonder truck loader

Just bought a 2005 chevy 3500 4x4 dump last month

lots of tarps and some rakes

You can bag 100lbs into a 1lb bag when it goes through that truck loader