1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

best way to get commercial accounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 65hoss, Sep 14, 2000.

1. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

what is the best way to solict commercial accounts?
  2. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

personal contact
  3. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

just walk right in ask to speak to the owner, the manager or whom ever is in charge of property managment. ask them if they would be interested in letting you give them a bid, if they say yes which most will just because they want to see how competative there current landscaper is even if they are not planning on swiching services. if they say no we are all set then had him a bussiness card and tell him if he ever needs changes his mind to give you a call.

they like one on one contact it builds there trust in you and your company, be as friendly as you can be.....the first few places you go to you might be extremely nervious but stay in there once you do it a few times u will lossen up and flow more freely
  4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I'll set my sites on new construction and talk to the owners long before the lawn season begins. If you go to them first, you might be saving them the effert of tying to find a lawn company. You'll get the account just because you were the first one at the door.

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

Find those accounts that look like there lawn guy is lost...
    you know bushes out of trim,edegin that has disapeared,mulch and straw in need of work. these are good sings that you might have a chance.after all commercail accounts fall staright to the bottom line $$$$$$whats it going to cost.Why under bid to get the work...i would rather have 10 soild ressis,that i made good money on than
    5 commercail bids that were tight cause of the number of bids ... just my thoughts