Best way to get into a HOA.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Jul 18, 2006.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

For those who do HOA'S what means did you get into contacat with the President? I really never pursued getting in contact with any as of yet but next season I would like to try to get into one. After seeing some of the knuckleheads that are doing some this year I have a feeling there will be a lot of HOA'S looking for a new LCO. Examples: a guy was running a 60" Gravely in an area where a 36 would barley fit, he was running into tree's, a telephone pole and finally he hit a phone box in the ground so hard he knocked it over, not to mention every 4ft was scalped when he turned and rutted the lawn when he tried to do a 180 and got stuck. But anyway I was just interested in how to get into contact, thanks.

2. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

I always assumed that the best way to get into a HOA was to pay her!

3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I have heard that HOA are a real pain from what Ive read here. They are super cheap here and every LCO underbids on them until they are doing them for free.

4. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

1) Know someone in the association

2) Have professional looking trailers and hope someone on the board sees and takes down your number.

Those two are pretty much the only ways. They get tons of estimates though, so you can't be estimating out the a-hole for these type of accounts.

5. robby

robby LawnSite Member

Where I live, our condos have a management team that hires and fires the contractors. We pay this management team like $36,000 per year, pretty much just for this. I would guess that many HOAs work this way. As one other poster said, knowing someone on the board of the HOA wouldnt hurt either.