Best way to get new customers(It really works)

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by curry, Mar 1, 2008.

1. curry

curry LawnSite Member

I have been blown away at the response Ive gotten. Heres how I did it. I have a very upscale gated community I have been targeting. I went to the district appraisals website and pulled up all addresses from this community. I cut and pasted them onto the avery address labels. I then put my own label on for the return address. I then stamped them. By having each persons name, address, and my return name, along with a real stamp, it makes people open them because they dont think its junk mail. The first step is to get them to open it. I typed up a brief letter explaining my services and made it look professional. I also had 400 frig magnet calenders made and put one in each along with the letter and one of my business cards. I mailed 400 and they cost a total of $420. I havent mowed my first yard of the year and I already closed my thirteenth full service account with 10 being on a 12 month agreement. Thats a response of 3% already and I think I may pick up another 8-10 in the next couple of weeks. Its still a couple of weeks away from mowing. I tried the local newspaper 2 years ago and got 2 calls. Last year I put an add in this upscale communities paper and got one call. I think I found the right way to get these accounts. Hope this helps someone else.
  2. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Trust me ...a lot of us have done this and better...we just don't tell everyone.
  3. curry

curry LawnSite Member

I read several threads about getting addresses from the white pages and other places so Im sure I havent given away trade secrets. Just thought Id share my experiences.
  4. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the help curry sounds like you are doing well and want to spread the wealth of knowledge to others I thought that what this site was for.
  5. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

My assessor site doesn't have names. Just addresses and info on the property and house.
  6. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Well if its a duplicate thread why post it.
  7. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Curry, I am in agreement with kootoomootoo.

The methods that work for you, you should keep those ideas closely guarded
  8. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Thanks for the secret fellas!!! lol
  9. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

After 10 years they are all duplicate threads. Why post anything anymore, everyone should just search and use the site as a database only according to you.
  10. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic