Best way to get new customers?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jrustad7, May 24, 2005.

1. jrustad7

jrustad7 LawnSite Member

Hey guys, i just posted a new thread about walk behinds a little while ago. I have another question. What would be the best way for a young kid like me to get some customers?? Should I put a add in the paper or hand out flyers??
    Let me know what are the best ways!!!

THANKS guys
    james

2. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have found that going door to door and actuly talking to the people face to face works good thats what i do out of the 50 people i talked to i think i got about 20 accounts
    hope this helps and don't mind the spelling
    alex

3. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Really...you're not just pulling my leg are you? You had a 40% sell rate going door to door? That's...well...GREAT.

4. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

You can try door to door but if you want results, try the newspaper. Once you're in business, word of mouth and referrals will work.

5. Blk94fiveOh

Blk94fiveOh LawnSite Member
    from MN

20 out of 50 huh? Are you offering to mow their lawns for free? :rolleyes:

6. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Try putting up flyers at stores and everywhere ya can. Once you get two or three if you do a good job, well then word of mouth like everyone has said is the best way. And if you do go door to door and talk to 50 people and get 20 lawns then please let us know, that will be amazing :p

7. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

if your rate is that high, your prices are to low......

8. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

9. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

no i am not mowing them for free, i get $25 a week

10. Bret's Lawn Care

Bret's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

i HAVE BEEN CUTTING FOR 4 YEARS NOW AND HAVE RECIEVED ALL OF MY ACCOUNTS FROM FLYERING, TALKING TO THE PERSON FACE TO FACE, OR WORD OF MOUTH
    I HAND OUT LIKE 100 FLYERS AND GET MAYBE 1-5 CALLS BUT IF YOU TALK TO THE PEOPLE AND HAVE A CONVINCING ARGUMENT ON WHY THEY SHOULD HIRE YOU AND WHY THEY EVEN NEED LAWNCARE YOU WILL DO WELL