1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

best way to move shed

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JTS Landscaping lawn, Apr 8, 2010.

1. JTS Landscaping lawn

JTS Landscaping lawn LawnSite Senior Member

i have a job were we have to move a 10x12 shed all wood over about 15' i was going to use a walkbehind bobcat cause its all that will fit back into the area. But was wondering on the best way to slide it over.
  2. howierd3866

howierd3866 LawnSite Senior Member

PVC pipe and roll it
  3. JTS Landscaping lawn

JTS Landscaping lawn LawnSite Senior Member

thats what i was kind of thinking of doing and using the dingo or if can hook a come along some were and just roll it. thanks for your help probably am going to end up going that route.
  4. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

lag screw 4x4 or 4x6 skids under it and drag it.
  5. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I did it by getting a set of forks for a dingo, and lifting up the rear and dragging it backwards. In order to keep the forks under the skid, I had to use 2, 4inch wide ratchet straps going around the entire shed. Luckily I just a broke a small section on the trim when the strap pulled tight. As soon as a backed myself into a corner, I unhooked the forks, moved the machine out, then pulled the forks out by hand.

Then I just lifted on the corners or just pushed it into place.

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

i'll show some pics of a shed we moved from one ranch to another......

7. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

this took us about 3 hrs to move the shed about 4 miles, my dad, brother-in-law, my nephew and my grandson. in spite of all that family, we got something done without damage or injuries. :laugh: