Best way to pass out flyers?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by CrimsonLawnCare, Mar 16, 2008.

1. CrimsonLawnCare

CrimsonLawnCare LawnSite Member

I just got 10,000 flyers to my house and i need to start passing them out, and i was just wondering what everyone else does? i thought about putting on the roller skates and skating around sticking them to mail boxes. Any suggestions?

2. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

Not a bad Idea. I think walking is easier on your feet and more natural; that's if ur talking about rollar blades. But regular skates are easier on your feet yet require a little more effort. I often use a mountain bike for houses that are far apart. I've thought about renting a motor scooter, but then u may as well rent a car. I'd use my car but it needs some work and is making noises anyway and my truck, I'm not taking any chances with it as I'll need it for the REAL jobs.

I don't think it's legal to stick anything to the actual mail box. I usually just use the flyer box or newspaper box on the side.

3. racer56

racer56 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

We have done this for years and here is what we do. We print the flyer on a half sheet on paper then fold it, put it is a zip lock bag with a business card then drive around and toss them out late at night as close as we can to the paper that got tossed out. We can do around 450 per hour this way. We also try to work with area cub scouts for a fund raiser. Older folks REALLY like this and like talking with the little guys. When we asked them if the wanted to pass them out we didn't tell them they didn't need to knock on the door and hand them to them,lol. This is expensive but I do think it has around a 10% hit rate or so if I remember right.

4. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

450 an hour? that like 8 per minute. must be a saturated neighborhood. and 10% return? in one hour you've picked up more accounts than I have all together! is there something else you're puttin in these baggies besides a flyer and business card?

5. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

Do u need a pebble or something in the bag so it doesn't blow away or?

Also, u got 10% call rate!!!!! Or is this the rate for knocking on doors?

What did your ad say? Or was it an ad AND biz card?

6. Enzo

Enzo LawnSite Member

I go door to door handing out flyers. I open the storm door and put it there, then close the door on the flyer. If the door is locked I just tape it to the door. When I get new clients I always tell them about a referal program. Every client they sign up for me they get $10 off.

7. CrimsonLawnCare

CrimsonLawnCare LawnSite Member

ok thanks, good suggestions i will have to try the newspaper one, never thought of that

8. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Watch out. They are trying to pass a law in Kansas now making that illegal. People are saying its littering.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

There is no way that I am going to waste flyers by littering up an area. People don't like trash thrown in their driveways.
    as for yanking on storm doors to see if they are unlocked,...this has been discussed before...BAD POLICY. Don't let ME catch someone trying to open one of my doors....storm or not. Tape? Come on.....yeah,...people really appreciate that. :rolleyes:

10. Military Lawns

Military Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Do them yourself, or hire some teenagers and supervise them along the way. Have some water and chips on stand-by and get busy!

DJ-