Best way to register a bunch of domains???

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Exact Rototilling, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

To my horror someone registered my number one sweet and short web domain choice just this last Saturday. :cry::angry:

I just registered a few alternatives with Yahoo today to make sure I don't loose those. I have about ten more to lock down and I was wondering if there is better way to do this than paying $9.99 a year one at a time with Yahoo or Go Daddy etc.

I'm thinking of the future and I don't want to discover that I lost out by being 2 days late again.

The additional domains when registered will point to my main service site with that service description when entered in a browser unless I build a separate site for each service. They will mainly be used on fliers, door hangers & postcards and be geared toward a specific service.

Example:

www.quick36.com is way easier to remember and enter than www.betteroutdoorproducts.com

:waving:

2. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

don't register with yahoo it took me 6 weeks to get a domain transfered from them what a fricken run around they gave me, it was melbourne IT who actually had the domain

3. Exact Rototilling

Dooooh! Already registered 3 domains with Yahoo. This day is not going well. :cry:

* side note * I have another totally unrelated business and my former co-worker who is the webmaster of that establishment charges me $20 a year for domain registration. In fact I don't have a web site up for it. It's a fairly obscure type of business that has a super narrow market and it's almost pointless in putting up a website. Point being I'm sure I'd get quicker service from him on some things but it would cost more - that's why I blew $30 today at Yahoo instead of $60 with my old co-worker.

Anyhow I'm looking for the most flexible way to bulk register more domain names for the niche services I will offer.

4. Exact Rototilling

Just called a web literate friend and he recommended the hosting site www.startlogic.com

It says on their main page that "Host 50 Domains in one" - not 100% sure what that means. Is that just accepting forwarded domain to the one that is hosted? Before I inflict more damage I think I will let this rest for the rest of the day.

:hammerhead:

Also to add to the confusion he also recommended www.1and1.com :dizzy:

5. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

i use godaddy for my domain purchases.. a lil side biz. it get addicting once you start buying names.. lol im up to like 140 so far.. go to parked.com and apply for an account if you want to earn a few dollars on teh sites you dont do anythign with...

6. zman9119

zman9119 LawnSite Senior Member

GoDaddy.Com is the best I have used so far. Their prices are good and their site is better than most.

7. Exact Rototilling

Does go daddy have the feature like yahoo has that allows you to forward at NO extra charge one domain to another for the basic registration fee? $9.99

8. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

yup and if you register 5 or more domains they give u private registration for free so you dont get bombarded with junk mail

9. Exact Rototilling

10. Exact Rototilling

www.startlogic.com offers domain registration for $6.95 plus free privacy. Can't beat that.

Besides from what my html literate friend told me they have decent service - even if you're on hold a long time when you need to call in.