best way to rip these out.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by MileHigh, Aug 19, 2010.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

Give me some ideas on the best way to rip these junipers out...

I'm thinking skid steer.

There is a drip system installed...but it can be ripped out, and new irrigation can go in...possibly turf, or mulch with plantings going here.

About 130 linear ft.

2. Impressions Landscaping

Impressions Landscaping LawnSite Member

Rent a mini excavator, shouldn't take you more than a few hours to take those out and neaten the place up. Or just get a good grub hoe and start swinging....Good luck!
  3. gobblet

gobblet LawnSite Member

Looks like some good man hours=$$$. cut greens off with saw/loppers then pic out the rest. This is only if an estimate is not around. I have removed so many of those ugly leaf holders.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

4 day laborers with sharp ditch spades.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

min ex with a thumb, dump truck or trailer lined up on the road. at most one hour
  6. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

I'm liking these suggestions...

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

mini ex with a thumb is the best way.get there early so yo can put some cones and caution tape out in those parking spots,maybe a couple sheets of plywood that you can slide down with you to cut down on damage to the walk way and grass .just becarefull with underground utilities,just be on the side of caution and call before you dig.looks like a good money maker project with plenty of exposure for more work.good luck
  8. Pro-Lawn&Grounds

Pro-Lawn&Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

Pull them out with a bloody truck mate ... unless you wanna try to save them and sell them to some one ... come by early or late when no cars are there and just back the truck up ... chain them up and go shouldnt take much force ... not the most elegant way to go about it but gets the job done
  9. Pro-Lawn&Grounds

Pro-Lawn&Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

Im not sure if you can get a claw for a mini excavator but if you could you could get all that out in 20 minutes
  10. bradseabridge

bradseabridge LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, mini-ex or a truck.