1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best way to secure a commercial wb in trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mcwlandscaping, Jul 29, 2005.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

As a lot of people know, i am picking up my new eXmark Metro 15/48 tomarrow. I was just wondering the best way to secure it in my trailer. THANKS :cool2: FYI, it is an open trailer, the one listed in signiture.
  2. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

if its open use tie downs if its closed put it in the trailer where you want it then screw 2x4's infront of and behind the drive tires
  3. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I use three 2x4's. but im going to be getting some prolockers soon. They seem like they're the best!
  4. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

5. GLC51

GLC51 LawnSite Member

I have 1' long 2x4's front and back of the rear wheels. These are beveled and held in place with 8" nails. I drilled holes trhough the 2x4's and trailer floor a little larger than the nails so the nails and 2x4's can be lifted out when I haul dirt or mulch on the trailer. This way you run the mower up into place, set the park brake. Then I have 2" ratchet tie downs (10,000 lbs rating), front and rear latched onto anchors on the floor. Takes less than 30 seconds to tie down or release. I have changed setup a number of times as I have changed equipment but it's easy to do.