best way to spread word

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ScottlandYards, May 20, 2005.

1. ScottlandYards

ScottlandYards LawnSite Member

I am just getting started on starting my own small mowing business with a friend, all of you seem to be very informed on every aspect of the business and i was wondering what is the best way to spread the word. Business cards, flyer, or just word of mouth??, what worked best for all of you ??

Scotland Yards

2. SOMM

SOMM LawnSite Senior Member

Good modes as you've already detailed.

Be sure to mail a thank you note or post card when they buy or contract with you, informing them that a referral to a friend, relative, or biz-associate is the highest form of compliment that your company can receive :)

3. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Your name is catchy now keep it out there. That is the best method. Ways to keep your name out are 1 adopt a youth baseball diamond for a banner on their back fence. Post yard signs for a month on your lawns and offer discount to your customers for that. Letter your truck, get hats and wear it all the time. If you want newspaper publicity then adopt some seniors and care for their lawn for a year. Then the next year you can have 2 more senior apply for that program it makes a great community story. I took the mindset that it easier for me to give away free service than it is to constantly pay for advertising. Advertising in not a monthly thing it is day in and day out for the entire time you own your business.