Best way to start advertising?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by TopQualityLawnCare, Mar 24, 2014.

1. TopQualityLawnCare

TopQualityLawnCare LawnSite Member

well I finally got lal the equipment I need to start mowing and all and my questions is what is you all best way of picking up some yards and advertising? is it business card? flyers? tshirts? etc I would like 10 yards this summer may be a lot to ask or not enough lol

2. offdutylawnanlandscaping

offdutylawnanlandscaping LawnSite Member

Word of mouth is always the best method of advertisement. 10 doesn't seem like a tough number. you could start with door hangers and some business cards. that has always worked or me. Good luck!

3. TopQualityLawnCare

One question tho should I wait to make business cards and all when I get licensed and insured so I can put that on there or does it matter?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster LawnSite Member

Doesn't really matter. Just don't say you're fully insured. And make sure your customers know it also.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. TopQualityLawnCare

Gotcha. Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster LawnSite Member

Are you able to get insurance? You can run in most states as a DBA or doing business as which allows you to be a business as long as you pay taxes and what not.

7. chris buck

chris buck LawnSite Member

Hey man, go ahead and print off some cards. Go downtown and get licensed, city hall annex for city, and the old courthouse for county. County license is free, but city will cost ya a bit. You'll be surprised how quick you'll pick up stuff if you do good work, even with as many people that mow in this town!!!

8. TopQualityLawnCare

If you don't mind me asking how much will all this be?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. chris buck

chris buck LawnSite Member

I think the city license cost me $50, but the county is free! Business cards are obviously gonna depend on how many you get. If you're not gonna be in the city limits mowing, you can just go with the county license and you're out nothing

10. TopQualityLawnCare

That's not bad at all if I get insured how much is that?
    Posted via Mobile Device