Best ways to break into new towns ???

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Wright48, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Wright48

Wright48 LawnSite Member

Let me here em

Id say its flyers

2. cole102

cole102 LawnSite Member

postcards, more professional looking and whensomething comes in the mail with your name on it, you at least look at it.flyers alot of people get annoyed and just throw em out.more money but bigger return.

3. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

a crowbar.

4. Dr.NewEarth

Dr.NewEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

A crowbar! Figuratively and literally! That's funny.

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Wish I could help but they aren't making any new towns around me so I've never been in that situation.

6. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

we go into new towns every year and HANDS down it works to MAKE FRIENDS we use full page flyers with services we offer ,and today only special prices.......but we also go to the city officials and the local stores ,service centers ect to make frinds .
    we can go into a town on a monday and have 50 clients lined up within a month its the minor details we do that i wont share but its not rocket science. remember it like this when you tell someone some thing you will always get clients if you never fail on your promises .

7. TurnerLawn&Landscape

TurnerLawn&Landscape LawnSite Member

50 clients in a month? write a book and retire!

8. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

i would rather keep doing this like we do it ......think i sleep till 10 stay up till 2 am and dont do anything BUUUUUT have fun ,fish , spend time with the family and as for work i wait untill profits allos for a new location and we add it .... as for work we answer calls from our managers and make sure work orders were placed ,after that its easy going. come to think of it , we may be retired . serious note though i could write a book i guess since so many of you know i type so well just kidding it would be tied up in proof reading for 30 years lol .

9. PostcardMania

PostcardMania LawnSite Member

A targeted direct mail postcard campaign would work wonders! You can do sort of a "grand opening" type feel, even though you're not "opening" anything. If you want to saturate the area of where you'll be servicing, get a list with a 5-10 mile radius of your location. Are you residential or commercial or both? You can get the list to include/exclude anything you want.

Have you ever used direct mail? Take a look at some of the successful campaigns we've done for others: http://www.postcardmania.com/library/landscape-marketing/index.php

I'd be happy to send you some free samples as well. No obligation of course, it'll just give you some ideas to work with!

10. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Postcards are too small to fit enough info on. Depends on what the service is. Flashy gloss pics of lawn you have never seen advertising was a fall on my face disaster last year . Going with more homemade yet professionally designed look this year with links to website for more info.
    Posted via Mobile Device