1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

best WB under $2500?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Brianslawn, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

42" or smaller.
  2. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

well i purchased my exmark metro 36" 12hp 5 years ago and it runs flawlessly for me.
  3. Brianslawn

how much was it?
  4. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think you are going to find a new WB for less than $2500.....You might get close with a belt drive and a 36" cut with any brand....

If you go used...the possibilities are only as endless as there are mowers for sale...I just sold 1 36" scag, and two gravely pro 40's for $500 each...
  5. Lynch Landscaping

Lynch Landscaping LawnSite Member

I bought a 32 Exmark Metro for 2,450 its a great mower.
  6. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

that's an easy one.

You can get a brand-spankin' new Quick 36 hydro with a 16 Kawasaki and electric start for $2595.

Friends don't let friends use belt-drives...

7. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

You are correct sir that swhy I sold three Belts and baught 2 hydro's....But if you are on a budget....you may not have much of a choice...
  8. Brianslawn

the local dealer aint ever heard of quick 36 when i mentioned it to him. are you the mfg? can you give me more info or a demo. im lookin to buy 4-5 wbs in spring.

also. i like to stick to all one brand. all the z's are walker, all 2 cycle are stihl. im lookin for good quality, long lasting with minimal repairs. something easy to work on if needed. we do all repairs, trucks and equip in house. at the same time im on a budget. whats the warranty?
  9. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

:hammerhead: All we ever used for a long time was belt drive walk behinds and we never ever had a problem out of them. Our current 36" scag is belt driven and it pulls my 245# self around just fine.
  10. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I would say a nice used Wright Stander.