Best weather to stripe in?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, May 2, 2002.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

What do you guys find to be the best weather to stripe in? I got some of my best ever today (page 5 of "Stripes 2002" thread) and it rained yesterday evening and was cooler and breezier today. Not alot of sun. Maybe about 55 degrees. This seemed to keep from burning the grass and made it look nicer and I seem to get alittle better striping with the grass being somewhat moist. The tires didn't get wet but it did rain a bit last evening. I think the conditions were right today. What do you find to be best for you? What mowers do you run? Do you run doubles? Do you run kits? Thanks, just curious.
    Eric

2. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

works best just after you cut, when it is sunny out. Hehehe

No, just cut it. The stripes are for the cutter, not the client. They dont care what patterns they have in it, they just want it mowed.

Jason

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I know that they're for the cutter (me) more than anything else, but I do get some compliments. Someone on here said (TOSLC??) that he thinks people hire him just to lay stripes cause they can't, or something like that. I think it shows a certain amount of profennianalsim, like you know what you're doing and you care about it, you know? Alot of people seem to like going back and forth compared to in circles, but they don't know about stripes? I don't know, some people think it's silly to even stripe, but it's not really any harder once you get used to it and it at least shows professionalism to some people who appreciate it. I don't know why some people like it but others don't. I get more compliments if it's striped, some people really don't care, others want it done a certain way..... weird I don't know why anyone WOULDN'T want stripes! I'm kind of obcessed with them so i guess it's hard to be in someone elses shoes.