best weedeater line for the $$

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by ctlc, Sep 9, 2008.

1. ctlc

ctlc LawnSite Member

I guess this is like Ford vs. Chevy everybody has there own opinion.... Howevever I value everyone's It is time for me to order some more line last time I used the gator magnum square .095 however my 3 lb. spool is getting close to empty....Any input is appreciated.... last time I oredered from Mowpart and considering it again...

2. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I just bought 12 cheapo Home Depot spools (3#) on clearance for $15 each(can't recall the brand name at the moment). It outlasts my Echo, Stihl, Kawasaki, Shakespeare lines. At less than half the price of those others, it's a killer deal.

3. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

i use Lowes brand and its some good stuff.use it in the graveyard and it last longer.

4. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

I've been pleased with the .105 cyclone. Better than Stihl, IMO

5. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

what is the difference in the square ane the round line?

6. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

The logic is that the square edges will slice through the grass easier.

7. brandon9996

brandon9996 LawnSite Member

I use the .105 Cyclone and dont have to change near as often as them offbrand lines. I use it on a stihl trimmer and i like it better than the sthil line that came with it

8. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

We are using some black stuff looks like liquorish. A local dealer recommended it and the guys love it. They say it dosen't get hung up or dig in causing scalp or burn marks. It has a braided look and its black, it looks smaller the the .095 we have always used.

9. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

for me i can move so much faster with square than round because the edges on the square are cutting through the blades quicker then the rounded over edge of the round . and i get a way cleaner cut , where as with round there'd be so many times ide go over a spot and the dull edge wouldnt cut it but rather lay it down . i'll never use round string again . and i soley whip the past 8 years doing over 100 lawns per week ,
    with my mighty red max weed laser ..................:weightlifter:

10. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Just stay with the gatorline mag square you already have the best. In my opinion of course.

My experience is with: Husky Titanium, John Deere I-Beam, Grass Gator (the worst of them all), Stihl X-cut and Oregon Gatorline Magnum

None even come close to the last!!