Best weight to power Hand Held Blower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Talon1189, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Talon1189

Talon1189 LawnSite Member

I want to buy the most powerful weight to power hand held gas blower :cool2: I already have a Redmax backpack :) I want something powerful enough to blowout leafs and twigs out of house gutters. Any name brand will do :drinkup: If you know the appoximate price also........I would also appreciate it :) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

2. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

I would go with the Redmax handheld as well, dont worry about spending the extra money for the stratocharged unit, the HB250 has about the same power.

3. ed2150

ed2150 LawnSite Member

The Stihl BG85 would have to be a contender.....very powerful for a hand-held.

4. Jaeger

Jaeger LawnSite Member

Must check out the Tanaka 2510 hand held. Very light, very powerful, very rugged.

5. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

The Echo pb-230 is very powerful hand-held blower but yet, very light as well.

6. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

hahaha

That should be enough for you, go buy 1 of each! :)

7. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i have had almost every hand blower there is and the clear winner is the sthil bg85 in terms of power. by far the most powerful hand blower you can buy.

8. Talon1189

Talon1189 LawnSite Member

What about the BG 85 D version..........I read they lost alot of blowing power with the newer version :confused: I am thinking about the Echo 200/201 or the Shindaiwa EB 240S :confused: Just can't decide :dizzy: I want to keep the purchase around $200.00 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

9. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

wtf, do you have stihl for a logo d.a. stihl BG-85 is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i have the shin eb240-its a wimp! dont know about the echo you mentioned but my last echo pb 2400 was a dog. weak and didnt last long. i dont know if the newest bg85 is diff but mine is a real power house-best i have used by a mile. go to a sthil dealer and ask to demo one