Best Work Boots?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnBrother, Jun 3, 2005.

1. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

What do you guys wear? My sneakers are comfortable but wear out really qiuck. What do you think are the best, most durable, most comfortable work boots?

2. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

I bought a pair of georgia boots for $85 a year ago when i first got in the biz and have no complaints,very comfortable and of course waterproof.

3. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I wear Steel toe Wolverines. Timberland Pro is a nice boot also but I feel like they wear out faster than the Wolverines.

4. out till dark

out till dark LawnSite Member

Goretex is a must .I like Danner and Red Wings

5. odtb

odtb LawnSite Member

Hey all, really like the Red wing wedge soles, or the wolverine dura shoc. :)

6. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Have worn red wing steel toes for years. Nothing better for working. Imported Boots hurt your feet and fall apart in a couple of months.

7. TimberLand Sneakers, work great in summer, use Red Head field boots in the cool months.

8. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive been wearing magnum hi-tech they have a 60 day comfort guarantee. I had the style with the zipper on the side and weedeated the zipper and the 6 month warranty covered them. They are very light and comfortable.

9. cndhaines

cndhaines LawnSite Member

red back boots they are made in austraila but are lighter then sneakers and more comfey then redwings u can look them up on the internet or if u see your local matco tools rep they carry them i have had the same pair for 5 years and they carry a lifetime sole on them

chris

10. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Doc Martin slip on's for me.. I've tried every kind of boot out there almost, and the slip on Doc's are the best I've ever used, hands down.