Best Work Pants

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by recycledsole, Sep 12, 2012.

1. TTS

TTS LawnSite Senior Member

I have a few pairs of the firehose pants from Duluth trading. They really do seem as tough as they say to me but I've also never ruined a pair of carharts in a day.

2. LewisLawn

LewisLawn LawnSite Senior Member

i have found khatadin(sp) by LLBean to be excellent so far and come in a asize that fits me...i have bought flannel lined ones as well for winter work love them too..I also have newer carhart jeans and shorts no problems with them....hard to find my size...i have many cargo style shorts for summer from dickies different variety of materials only like them b/c cheap and have pockets...they rip and snag and stain easy...my wife wears red kap for her job i can't stand the material when i have to wash hers...i was going to order the underwear and firehose pants from duluth trading not sure now that i have read some comments..

3. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

I've been wearing Duluth Trading Co. fire-hose cargo pants for at (5) seasons now. The best I have found with no hesitation. Plenty of pockets, wear like iron, great work pants. Finally destroyed one of my original units, (5) seasons old.....

4. 123hotdog

123hotdog LawnSite Senior Member

I must be the only fat hillbilly on here. Bibs Bibs bibs is all I can say. Liberty bibs.:weightlifter:

5. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Dickies regular work pants last me at least a few years. Like $22 at Target or Walmart.

6. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Missouri

Goodwill or Salvation Army.

10 pairs of pants for $30ish. And you get a variety, Dickies, Carharts, etc. I do stick with one color though.

My wife's a seamstress so she makes them fit and I'm set for a fraction of the cost.

7. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

just an update the carhart pants are doing good that is all I use. in the summer it is hot, but I do landscaping so im on my hands and knees, etc... the ones I said got a hole were from sears, so maybe a different quality. the ones I bought online have been good. if you just mow grass you might want something lighter weight.

8. lego

lego LawnSite Senior Member

Same here.
    I where Carhart light weight kahkis and they have lasted the entire season, probably won't even need another pair next year. They wash nice too, not too many stains. You might have just got a bad batch. I get Hanes tagless logo'd gray tees and Carhart kahkis, both last basically an entire season.

9. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

5.11 taclite pros. Very Lightweight and extremely durable. All the contractors over here wear them and they have been proven in Afgh and Iraq. My buddy started contracting in 2006 and left in 2009 and gave me 3 pair of his 5.11s from when he started. I am still wearing them today with no holes or rips. They cost a little more but are well worth it. I ordered some in green to wear for the business when I get home.

10. austins35

austins35 LawnSite Member

Blackhawk Men's Lightweight Tactical Pant:clapping:

the end mail the check pls:)