Best worker is demanding more money

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by exmarkking, May 29, 2013.

1. exmarkking

exmarkking LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sorry the title may have mid lead you. He is my best "labor" detail guy
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. ch4x0r

ch4x0r LawnSite Senior Member

No doubt he would have been out the door pronto. Actually I never would have hired him in the first place with no DL or able to speak with clients.but I'm solo so that's just my 2 cents :)
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. sehitchman

sehitchman LawnSite Senior Member

Having been through many unemployment hearings, I would have said "sorry I cannot give you a raise." If he actually quit, I would require a signed statement that he was leaving on his own and that work is available. The way this is going to play out, he'll go out on his own, work off the books, collect unemployment on your company and solicit your accounts. The perfect deal for the guy starting his own Lawn Care operation. I'm just not sure how he'll get his equipment to the accounts.
  4. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

If he's an illegal, he will probably just drive like the rest. If he's not an illegal, forgive my racist assumption.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. toasted

toasted LawnSite Member

Excellent point made here; worth quoting.
  6. exmarkking

exmarkking LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

The fixed paychecks he's asking for he can shove up is rear. Never Ever agree to that on a laborer. As far as a raise if hes good then sure give him a raise hes at 12 so he can go to 12.50 to 13 an hour your choice. But that's per hour if he wants 750 a week great work more hours other wise then no you won't see that this week. The salary thing for non management gets nasty trust me you do not want to do that. Tell him the truth hes hourly he's staying hourly and this is what I can offer if its not enough then I am sorry to see you go.
  8. laxnlawn

laxnlawn LawnSite Member

he can't speak english or drive, how do you suppose he will solicit accounts?
  9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

You already have your answer. And you made the correct decision.
  10. Caddyshack Lawn Care

Caddyshack Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

How do you say "not just no, but hell no!" in Spanish?