Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Southern Lawns, Mar 5, 2001.

1. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Looking into a backpack sprayer for most of the residential weed control in beds. What is a good brand to buy and are there any to stay away from? How many of you use a spraying vest? Is leaking a real problem? This is my first full season and thanks to all of you I have added some nice features to our business that have really made me stand out amongst the comp. Thank you and keep up the great work.
  2. Rodney Anderson

Rodney Anderson LawnSite Member

Solo 425 mine is 7 years old and still working very well.
    I use two for turf and one for tree care.Home Depot has them
    and parts are easy to got through landscape catalogs.
    Note: to keep the the filler cap from decaying, leaking and
    seizing up, apply grease to the gasket, NOT OIL.
    Average price is about $ 85 to $ 90.
  3. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

SOLO is a good choice, spend the extra few dollars and get the model with the fold up handle! Can be had about anywhere as well as parts.
  4. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

think about the tank model. It has a shoulder strap that is kind of worthless but I just went to a tarp shop and gt a wider one. I like the tanks better because of they are easier to get on and off, and they are easier to fill. Just for me. I have about 20 of them. Use one each for different solutions. I get the 3 gal from forestry supply. Like them lots. Here is the site.
  5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I have a 4 gallon Shindaiwa. I would also concider the Solo brand.