Best year ever so far...

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by The Lighting Geek, Feb 8, 2011.

1. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

I am experiencing the best year ever for this early in the year.

What is everyone experiencing?

2. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

As far as lighting goes it has sucked for me.

BUT for the big picture it has been great. I landed a sweet FT job working for the best company to work for in the US for 2 yrs in a row. I am still in shock.

3. RLI Electric

RLI Electric LawnSite Senior Member

SNOW thats what I am experiencing,Tommy! Hope you're happy. I leave the desert just to come home and chip away at ice on my roof. Glad you made it home safely.

4. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

cold and snow

5. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

Me too. Not lighting but snow plowing. I have been saying that i see good things for 11.

6. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Snow and 2" of ice on everything. You California boys got it so easy when it comes to weather.

7. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah, but we pay for it in things like gas prices and housing. OTOH, my winter PG and E bill (utilities) still runs under $80 per month.

8. Classic Lighting

Classic Lighting LawnSite Senior Member

Wow Gregg, $80 is a deal for winter heating. But your right about gas prices. I was in CA last week and was shocked at $3.60 gas.

On the other hand, I don't have any projects lined up for spring lighting installs as of now. I still think the economy has people scared to let go of their green.

9. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

We are looking forward to huge start to the season as soon as the snow and ice leave us. We now have 11 new installations lined up, most of them large scale. This represents an increase in pre-bookings of 50% over previous/recent years.

I am seriously considering bringing on more staff this year (administrative & service) in order to introduce some more balance to my life. It's time to learn how to play golf, and enjoy more time with my young family. (before it is too late)

(Hey Gregg... care to pick up my furnace oil bill for the house and shop for January? :) about 10x your monthly bill. )

10. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

got you all beat. With the prices in NY AND the brutal weather!