Best Z mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 101numlock, Nov 24, 2005.

1. 101numlock

101numlock LawnSite Member

I am just curious of everyones opinion on who makes the best z mower price not a factor just quality of cut, maneuverability and durability. I am thinking of getting a 52" Z mower this spring i am looking at a Toro or Exmark, any other suggestions and why. I am going to be using it on medium sized residentials so so drag racing with a Dixie will not be a factor. :D Thanks
  2. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

The best mower is the one that I own.:)
  3. GemSon Lawn

GemSon Lawn LawnSite Member

I like the Hustler Z w/60" deck, it has a 23hp Kawasaki and a lifetime frame warranty payup payup

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Turf tiger match the warranty the 16 cc pumps 27 lc engine and the price the cut is top shaft driven also.
  5. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

My choice Hustler SUPER Z 60'' deck with a 25 Kawasaki/along with a Bac-Vac .....AWESOME MACHINE.........1 YEAR NOW,NO REGRETS!!1
  6. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

for medium sized residentials, a 52" Wright Stander will be the most efficient machine you can get. they can go anywhere, very high maneuverability. the cut is great. very good and safe on hills. the ride isn't great, but if you're not on one for too long, over an hour, it's not too bad.

also, do a search, there are plenty of other threads about which mower is "best".
  7. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

Toro or Exmark, either one will be great for what you need. I have run alot of different mowers and Exmark or the Toro will do a wide range of lawns.

8. burns60

burns60 LawnSite Senior Member

Can honestly say that my Exmark still performs like it did the day I bought it, and that is after 700 hours. I expect some other brands will do the same with regular maintenance.
  9. lawnsbyrj

lawnsbyrj LawnSite Member

Toro and Xmark very similar and Toro will last
  10. zamboni

zamboni LawnSite Member

Walker, for all the right reasons, not just speed.