1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

best zero turn 60" mower + year

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by americanlawn, Jan 17, 2008.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We are looking to buy several 60" zero turn mowers for the 2008 season. Will consider used or new. Preferably used at a lower price. I like Exmark, John Deere, and Toro the best. I hear that 2005 and newer Exmarks are better than previous years. Also that JD 7 irons are as good as there is. Any advice?:usflag:
  2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

scag 61'' for sale.
  3. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

2007 Grasshopper 729 liquid-cooled kubota 29hp gas 61" for sale with out front deck. Only 93 hours! $9400.00 prolly about $350 to ship to you. Call if you are interested 580 317 7672 Kevin. I would always recommend Bad Boys because of the price point, cut, and ride. They offer a 5 guage 1/4 in deck that is out of this world. This is the 3rd new Grasshopper we have got as a trade in on the Cat Diesel.
  4. Mimowerman

Mimowerman LawnSite Senior Member

Just to give you a heads up this thread is gonna be a piss*** contest! Go for dealer support and location , location, location! You could have a great mower, but if the service provider is 75 miles away , or even in your backyard, but provides poor customer relations , its a loosing situation. I run Toro Z's and Soon to be Hustler , both dealers are excellent! Best of luck ! :usflag:

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Get a lesco or a cubcadet commercial. For the price you cant beat them.
  6. Mimowerman

Mimowerman LawnSite Senior Member

Don't buy the cheapest mower you can find, You get what you pay for is typically true in this case! Also be careful buying used, mowers can get pretty beat up if not cared for .
  7. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

How much for the mower?
  8. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

4,400 obo. 1200hrs 22hp kawi.
  9. huntlawncare

huntlawncare LawnSite Member

I have a 2004 JD F687 23hp 60" 7 iron i love it but its the mower ive used compared to the ones u mentioned i have all dealers with in 5 miles from home i just liked the jd better plus i get excellent service from them and i have bought 2 from them since with no problems from a single one
  10. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

tell me about it...... i learned the hard way today after talking to exmark today about my mower and its a new mower. they tried to justify not fixing the problem because of the " DEAL " i got on it and this was not the dealer this was the exmark company service department