Best zero turn for $6500?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by wiltslawncare, Jan 24, 2013.

1. wiltslawncare

wiltslawncare LawnSite Member

I have a question for you guys that have been mowing for longer then me. I will be purchasing a new mower in march and I am not sure what would be my best bet as far as a zeroturn mower. I currently have a toro timecutter 5030 50 inch. Its a residential mower that I have been using for the last four years to cut 15 lawns a week. I am very impressed that it has held up the way it has over the years. All I have done to it was regular maint! Anyways, what are your suggestions. I have a 5x10 trailer so I need it to be a 54 inch mower and under.

I should add that lawn care is currently my part time job, I have a regular 44hour a week job. My goal is to go full time into lawn care within the next two years.

2. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

I commercial zero turn is roughly 7 feet long. Maybe look at a grandstand or a walker

3. hi_speedreed

hi_speedreed LawnSite Senior Member

He has 10' of trailer so he will be just fine. He can still fit a trim mower, trimmers on racks, blower on rack, and gas cans right behind the trim mower.

6500 isn't even half way to a walker based on the prices guys post on here.

4. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  5. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I agree snapper makes a good machine for the money, also check out Bobcat if there is a dealer in your area.

6. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Maybe a 52" Turf Tracer and a sulky? Cheaper and still very productive

7. wiltslawncare

sounds good guys. Thanks for the replys. I will check them out!

8. wiltslawncare

One quick question. Would it be worth it to buy a bigger trailer so I could get a 60 inch deck? Would a 60 inch deck really save me that much more time?

9. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Unless you're cutting larger properties (over an acre) a 48 or 52 would be more versatile. Remember, the larger the deck, the more problems you have with scalping.

10. hi_speedreed

hi_speedreed LawnSite Senior Member

A 60 in place of a 54 would end up saving you about 5 minutes for every hour of cutting you do at 80% efficiency.