Best zero turn for $6500?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by wiltslawncare, Jan 24, 2013.

1. ch4x0r

ch4x0r LawnSite Senior Member

Like you i wanted new also so i bought the 52 inch toro 2000 series with a 23hp kawasaki, and i love it 4 year 500 hour warranty also.

2. KnK

KnK LawnSite Member

If the toro has served you well, why dont you hold out for 2 more seasons,then buy the commercial unit when you go full time, most commercial units have 3 year warranties, first 2 parts and labor , 3rd just parts, doest sound like you will put enough hours on the new commercial to justify spending money on the new, if set on a new one now , i would think about a demo commercial with 100 hrs give or take , to save some money, the savings will pay for a good bit of that new trailer , just an idea

3. dmar62

dmar62 LawnSite Member

You can go with the Hustler Fastrak super duty 54'' for around $6500. It comes with a kawaski. Great mower.

4. Leeg83

Leeg83 LawnSite Member

I had just bought a JD 710a for 6600 plus tax. left over from last year. shop around a bit

5. wiltslawncare

wiltslawncare LawnSite Member

ended up with a zmaster 3000 series with a 22hp kaw 52 inch. out the door $7554.00 left over from last year. Spent a little more but I think it will pay off. Thank you all for your help! Ill post pics once i figure out how.

6. wiltslawncare

wiltslawncare LawnSite Member

picked up today :cool2:

toros.jpg

7. ch4x0r

ch4x0r LawnSite Senior Member

Looks great man almost exactly what i got i got the 2000 series and love it so far but haven't got to really test it out real good yet.

8. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

They simplified things a bit. The 500 used to be the more homeowner oriented machine. Briggs engines, smaller tires, non folding rops, the frame was kind narrower. The 1500 was more commercial with Kawasaki or Vanguard engines, larger tires, folding rops. Both units were available with similar deck options.

Now the 600 and 700 are basically the same frame wise. However, the 600 has small decks, while the 700 has large decks. And now the cheaper briggs engines and Kawasaki are options on all of the machines. The big change is the move to ZT3400 transaxles.

9. tdadkins00

tdadkins00 LawnSite Member

I've got the same mower toro 3000 cuts good in dry, clumps like a mo-fo in thick wet, or just wet grass. Scag or gravely if I had to do it over again