best zero turn for less than $4000.00

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scott in the soo, Jun 3, 2004.

1. scott in the soo

scott in the soo LawnSite Member

i have my eyes on a ariens zoom 16/40, the thing retails for around 3000.00. i am willing to spend up to 4000.00. any input or opinions on a zero turn for less than 4000.00 would be great.

thanx guys.
  2. keegan99usa

keegan99usa LawnSite Member

I bought a Husqvarna CZ4815 witha Kaw. engine. I am only a homeowner, but I cut about 3 1/2 acres every week and this thing is very nice. I run doubles and power doesn't seem to be a problem at all. Very good cut. I paid $4009 with tax out the door with a 3 bucket bagger as well.
  3. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

a Z around $4,000...............if you want it to stand up to abuse, a used commercial one is your only hope.
  4. asyracus

asyracus LawnSite Member

You think a used commercial is better than going with a homeowner model brand new?! My experience has been that the used commercial ones are pretty ragged out.....there's usually a reason they're for sale!
  5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

For the record Scott, a gravely 34z MSRP's for $4399, But my local dealer would go $3850 and I've heard $3700 on here. It's pretty nice, I'm considering one myself, definately commercial guality.
  6. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

No ive seen many used ones that were well taken care of. Alot sell them because the warranty period is up and they want a new one, or feel the current one they have is not large enough and upgrade to a bigger. I would much rather have a used commercial grade than a new homeowner anyday.