Best ZTR $7-$8K? Best WB $4-$5K?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cadzilla500, Oct 18, 2006.

1. cadzilla500

cadzilla500 LawnSite Member

I want everyone's opinions on mowers they have purchased, are going to purchase, or would purchase if they could do it all over again.

2. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

bump...............

3. Mow"N"Bud

Mow"N"Bud LawnSite Member

I love my Great Dane ZTR's because IMO they are tough, durable, run like champs, have never let me down, and I have great dealer support. Dealer support is critical. If you need something (a part) you can't afford to be down. My dealer stocks a ton of parts, and just in case he doesn't have what you need he has loaners. Fortunately I have never needed a part he didn't have, and all the parts I have needed have been normal wear items. I have also never needed his loaners, but it is good to know they are there if I do. Great Dane Chariots are in the $7000.00 range for a 25HP Kawasaki with a 61" deck.

My walk-behinds are Snapper Pro Hydros with the accutrac. These walk-behinds are awesome. They can go up, down, left, right and across ditch/pond banks which I mow several of them in HOA's They are very durable, tough, have a great cut quality and great speed even pulling my 220 lb rear end around on a velke. These are in the $4500.00 range with 15 HP Kawasaki and a 48" deck. A little less for 36" deck and a little more for a 17 HP Kawasaki with a 52" deck. Again I have great dealer support. It is a different dealer than the Great Dane, but he has the same type of parts selection and loaners.

You will need to check in your area and get a mower of good quality, but IMO dealer support will be the difference in your survival.

Regardless which mower you choose, remember you are going to have to run, maintain, and live with your decision. Take the time tor research, research, research some more and try them out. Demo them in real world situations not just in the parking lot of the dealer. If your dealer is worth his salt he will get a factory rep to bring you one to try out. Good luck what ever you do.

4. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Hustler Super Z's for the ZTR 8k

Exmark Hydro for the WB's 4k

Nothing else even compares