Best ZTR Bagger System ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by webdrifter, Jul 18, 2004.

1. webdrifter

webdrifter LawnSite Member

Which brand ZTR has the best bagger system? I did a Demo on a Hustler Super Z with the 9 bushel bac vac system, and it seemed to do a good job, but it had to be dumped quite often. I've also heard that it has a lot of high maintenance items on it. Being a home owner I'm not sure if the high maintenance issue would be a big deal with the amount of hours that I would use it. I was wondering if other brands have better systems. I would be collecting about 2 acres worth of grass each week so I'll be dumping a lot of grass.

What do you do with the grass that you collect ? Do you burn it or just let it rot?

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

we use the Peco system, works great!!!!! We then dump all the leaves in a bug hole.

3. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

ooooops i mean big :)

4. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

Got the 3 bagger next time will go with the dump from seat.

5. webdrifter

I have 11 acres so I'll have a place to dump grass, but I wasn't sure how long it would take it to rot. I'm guessing that 2 acres of grass every week will become a pretty big pile by the end of summer.

6. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

That's a lot of clippings why not mulch cut regular?

7. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

let them dry out and burn the pile...:cool:

8. webdrifter

My wife has an issue with the children tracking a lot of grass into the house. We all take our shoes off, but still manage to bring grass inside. I wasn't sure that mulch cutting would help eliminate this problem.