Best ZTR for $6000 or less

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Elkbow, Sep 5, 2006.

1. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

they look real nice run smooth and very compact. i wouldn't get the 19kawi when i could get a 21kawi for $300 more. thats the one i might get or a new lazer. probably getting 2 commercials next year and many more resi.

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Just curious... just what all can you get for that little bugger?

3. Cheffy

Cheffy LawnSite Member

Does it have to be brand new I have a tank M60 with 330 hours I bought it end of season last year for $4500.00 with 150 hours on it worked hard for me on my part time jobs

4. Elkbow

Elkbow LawnSite Member

I would be interested in a deal like that, if I could find one. I do not mind waiting a few months for a really good deal. I just have not seen many good deals on gently used ZTR's around here. Seems like most of them have been "rode hard and put up wet".

5. Cheffy

Cheffy LawnSite Member

Does any body use a dixie chopper I am trying one right now seems to have less double cutting then my tank. Not as refined though

6. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Compatibility Decks: DSD36, DSD42, DML42, DSD48, DSD56
    Implements/Attachments: Perfaerator™, Single stage snowblower (I doubt texas has a need) There may be more like a blower or bedshaper. I'll check when I go to the dealer today.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Almost forgot to say thanks...

I was thinking it would be cool to have one unit, a pair of decks, Perfaerator™, a spreader, bedshaper, and maybe the front tine rake dethatcher.

8. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

WHAT IS SPEEDWAY SALES? NEVER HEARD OF THEM. I WOULD SAY THE 19 HP SHOULD BE PLENTY. I RUN THREE GRAVELYS, I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU'RE FROM, ARE YOU AROUND FT. WAYNE, IN. MUTTONS BEST DEAL IN THE WORLD!! :p

9. alot2lurn

alot2lurn LawnSite Member

Dude I would'nt get a 52" mower with a 19 hp. I have a 19 kaw. on my Scag TC 48" . IMO you'll regularly feel underpowered.My next mower will have the largest engine avalible.You cant have to much power.