Best ZTR for residential use advice PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by AndHeDrew, Apr 22, 2005.

1. theplayer

theplayer LawnSite Member
    from ri

I don't think the Fastrack comes with a 18hp Kohler...Are you sure that is what the dealer stated?

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

They just started using 18 hp Kohlers this year.

Andhedrew, the Hustler fastrac's are also very good mowers. I've used Hustlers and they are very good machines and they cut great. I honestly don't think you could go wrong with either the hustler or the Simplicity. Both are excellent machines.

3. AndHeDrew

AndHeDrew LawnSite Member

I'm positive he said they had a Kohler because I'd asked him if it was a mini fastrak that he was talking about. He said that it was the FasTrak and that I could get into one with a 16hp Honda for a couple of hundred more.

From what I'm seeing in these forums I am definitely unsure of the Hondas... especially for the added price. (My brother bought a Honda push mower a couple of years ago and had all kinds of problems with the motor.)

Well, thanks again everyone. I'm waiting for the snow to melt now so I can get my John Deere out by the road. I'll keep checking back until I make my decision and I'll be sure to post after I buy to let everyone know how it went!