best ztr in damp grass

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by johnnyusa, Jan 27, 2007.

1. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at the lazerz or scag velocity turf tiger (Both new 60 61 inch) midmount riders w/27 hp i live in ct. where the grass is damp most of time in the spring . Any advice would be helpful . John

2. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

John, are you going to the show Thursday?? You can see all at Hartford.

Ed

3. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

not to hijack the thread, i didnt hear about that..what time is that show and i assume its at the expo center??

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Toro Z-Master w/Turbo Force with adjustable baffles, try them out and you will be sold on them.

5. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

CGKA show is thursday Feb 1 at Adriens Landing in Hartford. Ed

6. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

im going Ed,Call me John

7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Scag velocity or John Deere 7 iron II get the most compliments in wet grass on this site. The Lazer Z Triton decks have been upgraded for 07 so the jury is still out till Spring.

I just sleep till noon everyday, that takes care of the wet grass most of the time. No I'm not lazy just work a night shift a few nights a week.

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I haven't used the Scag Velocity deck yet.... but your chances have got to be better with it.

Cub/Lesco decks do excellent in the wet... better than anything else I have used and I seriously doubt anything tops them right now. Grasshopper is another that does well in the wet if set up right.

9. DixieChopper88

DixieChopper88 LawnSite Member

I just bought a 60" dixie chopper, 27hp. And it cuts perfect in wet conditions, not just damp, it could of just rained and you could go out and mow, i love it, if you have one of these dealers close by i would pick one up.

10. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I would be more interested in Everride than anything else in my area.