Better Buisness Burea

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BQLC, Feb 20, 2009.

1. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

I was invited to join the Better Buisness Burea and I was wondering if any of you were members and how well it was working for you. I belive it is $389 a year to be a memeber here
    Your comments are appreciated Thanks

2. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

In all the years I have been in business lawn care, pressure washing, painting, handyman around 25 years one customer called the BBB on me to check my company out. They contacted me asked me what kind of work I did and that was it no references no questions about license or insurance. No they just asked what kind of work I did and if I wanted to be listed with them as a member and how much it would cost. The guy did say they would help get the money out of dead beat customers as an extra to try tp get me to

3. FCPWLLC

FCPWLLC LawnSite Senior Member

We do $10,000+/yr due to folks finding us on the BBB site or in the member directory. I don't know how many more jobs we land due to being chosen over a non member. Hard to track that, but definitly can track where they first find us and not being a member would have netted us 0 when they searched online. Well worth $385/yr.

4. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

I consider them scammers. It only cost me $240 a year but it didn't do me any good at all. Then when I quit, they wanted all their stickers and plaque back and threatened legal action. I told them I threw all that crap in the garbage, see ya in court. Never heard back from them though. Believe me, if you start advertising with the BBB logo, when you have a difficult customer, they will threaten to phone the BBB and then they phone you..