Better Business Bereau

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tjlco, Jan 26, 2011.

1. tjlco

tjlco LawnSite Senior Member

I know ther was a recent thread regarding the BBB. I have never intended on joining them or anything, as the general idea I got from the last thread was they are a sham anyway..Today I get a letter from them, one of my former customers complained saying I didn't do what I said I would for the price. (it was 55.00 for 2 mowings) which we did. She went on about some other lies blah blah blah. So they demand I respond to resolve the matter. I emailed short and sweet saying she's full poop, (in a nice proffesional way). Couls I be in troube here???

2. GTC1187

GTC1187 LawnSite Member

The BBB is a private company, if someone complains about you they give you a chance for rebuttal. But you may have the black eye on your record with them, that's about all that can happen.

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

It was a good idela when it 1st came out, UMMMM I think in the 70's < may b wrong,

it was about the only way a person had a way of checking out a contractor.

It was pretty common to ask are you a member of the BBB.

all's a person could do is call the bbb and see if there was a complaint against a company, THAT's IT.

I kno they got into trouble for slander a long time ago. But now days, it's a joke.

Dont loose sleep over it

4. tjlco

I didn't think so, and don't they charge to be a member? Just to have the BBB sticker???

5. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

6. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

its a complete sham. All they do is try to get money outa big thing on of you. There was 20/20 or dateline or one of the other national news shows. They were talking how if you have a bad review with bbb they will take it off the record if you pay them

7. WenzelOSLLC

WenzelOSLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Not only would they take a bad record off, you could pay to get a 'A' rating or whatever you wanted for a certain price. Of course when confronted about it, they claimed to do no such thing....but they gotta make money some how right?

8. rwaters

rwaters LawnSite Senior Member
    from Online

I looked up our older store to see its rating one time we have over 20 years without a single complaint and only a c. They offered me a A for $500... I am not even kidding about this. They told me I would just have to answer a few questions and once I paid they would enter the data in and I would have an A.

I refused to pay I am happy with my C if they will just sell the A rating.

9. tjlco

What irritatea me the most is, its not a valid complaint. That means anyone can call the BBB and file a complaint on any company, and its always there. Well I suppose thats the way it goes, makes me dislike this business more and more...

10. muxx

muxx LawnSite Member

I know here we only joined because they offered 12% off of our business insurance to be a member. Only reason.