better fuel filters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by causalitist, Apr 11, 2007.

1. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

the typical cheapo in-line fuel filter i see sold for mowers.. those clear plastic ones with the orangish paper element arent that great.

these are the cheap ones im talking bout:
    [​IMG]
    of course these same ones are sold thru j thomas etc but u get the idea.

does anyone know a source for really good in-line fuel filters? i think those standard replacement ones filter to 75 microns, i would prefer at least below 30 microns.

this is for a 14hp kohler .. not exactly sure the fuel line I.D. , but im sure its pretty standard for a 48" WB with a mid size kohler. maybe 1/4"

i know some of you guys that use amsoil and the 15 micron oil filters have looked into this, i'm particularily interested to hear from you.

2. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I buy the Large Toro filters. I cant think of what the part # is but I know they are an Onan filter. ??-7460 I think is the part number. I bought some of the cheapo J thomas filters and had the fuel lines come off the filter. The Toro filter has a different type of edge that kinda acts as a retainer. The arent cheap, I pay $5 each for them but I have never had a problem like I had with the cheaper filters.