1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Better info needed from "QUICK OWNERS!" only

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by stevenf, Jun 2, 2008.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

My residential is having more and more problems and at the rate Im growing, I cant be out a week because of a broken mower. I need something reliable and efficient.
    Ive been eyeing the Quick 36 for the longest time. I figure that it will last me 2-3 years until I get a rider. After that it can be my backyard mower.
    Questions for you Quick OWNERS only!: Are these machines built for taking abuse? Does the single hydro turning wear you down on thoughs long days? Would you be confident in using a Quick 36 as your primary machine on 20-30 weekly accounts?
    Also, how efficient will the 36" deck be? How many accounts do you complete in how many hours with your 36"ers?
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I would never assume any mower won't be down for a week....you need backup equipment.
  3. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

I understand your point, But im wondering if I will have a more reliable, longer lasting, better quality mower like I have read these Quicks to be....
  4. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 36 super Duty and I run the sh!t out of mine...mowers are very well built and can take the abuse of everyday use....very good product!!
  5. leafitalawn

leafitalawn LawnSite Member

Our quickie 32's do around 140 lawns/pc. every week... Just change oil, clean air element, grease, and go.
  6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I don't run my Quick 36 Ninja as much as some of these guys....BUT
    Would recommend. First season running the machine, have gotten the hang of the handling and it does not wear me down. Stripes EXCELLENT, both mulch and side discharge. 15Kaw on mine is plenty, does not bog even in 5" grass (reasonably dry not soaking wet grass of course). I don't quite have 20 weeklies yet, but when I do the Quick will still be my machine of choice.

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Go with the QUICK !! We run the @$@ out of ours. They are super well built and can handle anything you can dish out. The cut quality is excellent.
  8. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

We've used ours on as many as 170 lawns per week for 32 weeks straight. They're easy to maintain, and the only repairs we've done are belts and cables (older style ones that I'm pretty sure they don't use anymore. Have yet to break a new one).

As Ed stated backups are always a good idea no matter what brand you're using, but whatever you have now can move to become your back up.

Better Outdoor Products- The BEST customer service in the industry, hands down!
  9. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Alright, I will be the voice of dissent.

I own 3 Samurai's - 2 36" and 1 44". These mowers cut very well in dry conditions and they are very light. They will not rut the lawn unless it is so wet that you are sinking in an inch or two with your boots.

These mowers are not built for abuse. We replace cables, belts, and spindles at regular intervals. The deck steel is light and it will bend easily - particularly around the discharge chute.

The engines are fine and are on par with every other commercial mower.

No hydro problems.

The customer service is excellent.

I would place these mowers somewhere between a homeowner grade and a commercial grade.

I will not be buying any more. I need something that is tough. I use Toro now and have been very pleased.

The Quicks sure cut nice though.
  10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

PTP - do your crews beat the dickens out of the mowers? Just curious - if you are careful and safety minded there is never a reason to bend the deck.

I've had homeowner mowers and the Quick is way above and beyond that level.