1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Better kick some arse on friday North East!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnguyland, Dec 1, 2005.

1. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

:dizzy: Attention boys and girls:

Looks like the weather in the NE is going to bite the big one for leaf clean-ups
    on sat, sun, mon, tues coming up- so kill yourself tomorrow doing clean-ups, then get ready to make some snow dinero! Just a warning to those who aren't obessively watching the weather like some of us...:waving:

Correction...the ENTIRE week next week will blow chunks, very cold, frozen chunks. Eeewwwww. Chunks.
  2. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm going to do a few cleanups on Saturday, it isn't supposed to be too windy here on Saturday according to NOAA.
  3. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Saturday is looking like a day to put all the leaf equipment away and getting the plows and sanders on for the long haul.Sunday is Giants game if its not snowing :drinkup: Not gonna start any big leaf projects now it will just have to wait.
  4. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

I worked until dark today to get the cleanups done before that weather hits . Light snow here this eve.
  5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

That's the funny thing about weather, it's kinda like fishing, you never know if your gonna get what you thought you would. Your forecast has apparently changed. You now have a 50% or less chance of getting any snow and I'd be willing to bet that anything you do get will be light. It does look like it will be cold next week but I would get the backpack back out and leave the plow in the shed for now.
  6. lawnguyland

Right on....

I'll be doing clean-ups for at least 2 more weeks regardless, but even if it doesn't snow it will be windy and cold enough to make the leaves freeze. It doesn't take much snow to screw up clean-ups for a little while. I'm not counting on a plowable event, but the weather should still stink for clean-ups!
  7. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Windy as heck today I didnt bother with leaves i spent the day getting prepared incase it does snow.
  8. lawnguyland

Yeah, it was a wind-a-thon today so I did houses where I could blow the leaves from NW to SE and then came home at 1:00 and started the Christmas lights . Tonight will be a home depot run to stock up for snow. This way it won't snow.:p
  9. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

We have 10 left for tomorrow(sat). Should finish in the nick of time!!!
  10. lawnguyland