Better mole trap

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jet boater, Nov 7, 2001.

1. Jet boater

Jet boater LawnSite Member

Something an business aquaintance rigged up. Looks like some high explosives or blasting caps wired to the hair trigger on the bottom of the mole trap. Mole trap springs, releasing the white microswitch on the trap, thus exploding the charges. I think he put the charges on each side of the trap in the ground.

In his words..."I'm on my way to the patent office with this baby !!!"

I'm gonna have to try this. ;-)

The rig = MoleTrap1.jpg

The results = MoleHoleII.jpg
    dead mole at top of hole. Charges were a little on the strong side, but the trap was still serviceable.

moletrapi.jpg

2. Jet boater

Here's the other pix

molehole.jpg

3. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

effective, but necessary?

4. Jet boater

I forgot to add....

anyone that take's this seriously will need to lighten up.

just good testosterone fed fun at the moles expense.

5. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

revenge of the moles!:D

reminds me of a story. couple years back, was blowing in an area where the edge of a newly sodded lawn met a field. tons of moles, all were flying 10, 15 feet from the force of the blower.(echo PB650 for those who are keeping track of the strongest blower threads). after being blown the moles usually would take off in the other direction. until i started to blow this one mole. he flew maybe 5 feet at first. then he straightened up, and began to slowly walk towards the blowing air. i was standing at the edge of the new sod, and i knew he was trying to get under the cover of the grass. well he made it. took him a while, maybe 20 sec. as he was fighting air with each step. i had the blower right in his face at the end, maybe10 inches away. when he got to under 10 inches i took off.

i know what the force of the blower feels like on my face at a foot away. i don't wanna meet the mole who can sustain such forces.

6. fireball

fireball LawnSite Member
    from ne Pa

was the mole hurt in the making of this picture. You need a disclaimer

7. lawn jockey

lawn jockey LawnSite Member

:p Sweet Thats an AWESOME idea I HATE THE MOLES!!!!! Tell him to make a larger version for the military It would work Great for ole van laden

8. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone that takes pleasure in the killing and mutilation of small animals in this manor is a very sick individual in my opinion.

Jim

Disclaimer: Killing them humanly for destroying property is one thing, but this is uncalled for and not funny.

9. lawn jockey

lawn jockey LawnSite Member

:confused: Ok Jim are we saying that a trap that spears them is more humane than blowing them up? I think I would rather be blown up than be speared laying there waiting in pain to die!

10. JOshua Gallerick

JOshua Gallerick LawnSite Member

kinda looks like something off of caddyshack just need some c4