Better Mowers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by stevenf, Mar 22, 2008.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

I read somewhere on this forum that Better will soon have a mower that exceeds there 5mph top speeds. Is this true? Does anyone have any more info on it?
    Also, you would consider it a COMMERCIAL built machine, and suggest it as a full time mower to a new guy?

2. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

They are working on something I am thinking it is a dual hydro.

3. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

I wish they would make a 26" mower with a 9-10 HP engine. Their 32" is too wide for my gates.

4. stevenf

There 44" would fit in 95% of the gates here. Im looking at the 36" and the only down side is 5mph. 7mph and I would be sold in a heart beat!

5. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

First, you can get 6mph out of them if you do some adjustments, but why do you want to mow that fast? I think any mower is going to have a hard time producing a qualty cut at that sort of speed. I doubt I've run my Quick 32 faster than 4mph.

6. stevenf

What type of adjustments?

7. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes it's a TRUE COMMERCAIL UNIT....and I would expect many new things from BOP in the future. 5 mph is moving pretty quick. Try walking 5mph on a treadmill. Call BOP and ask them for ideas on "speeding up " their machines...IMHO ..you cannot go wrong with any machine that BOP sells. Get the biggest deck your accounts can handle and go make some money.

8. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

Buckeye,

Do you work for Better Outdoor ? You seem to chime in on every thread that has anything to do with thier company! Personally I couldn't stand the quick 36", but maybe I will give it another chance! If you don't work for them, then maybe you should!

9. THRIFTY

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

4curbappeal is right. Every time their is a thread on Better products the same people always chime in with some sales pitch, nutswinging on how great these mowers are...Something is fishy, you guys are in a cult or something?

10. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

No I don't work for them....But ,they offer a great product at a fair price. It's an AMERICAN co. and they stand behind their equipment. It's equipment that I use and support the co's cause. Can I ask why you did not like the Q36?