Better mulching deck: Toro Z Master or Exmark Z Master?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnstar, Mar 10, 2001.

1. Lawnstar

Lawnstar LawnSite Member

I am trying to decide between a Toro Z Master Z153 23 hp Kawasaki, 52 inch cut or the Exmark Lazer Z HP with either a 21 hp Kawasaki, 48 inch cut or 23 kawasaki, 52 inch cut.

Basically they are the same mower except for the decks. For those of you who own or use these mowers which mower has the better mulching deck? Toro offers two kits: recycler kit and the Z recycler (high growth applications), plus atomic blades.

Is the Kawasaki the better motor verses the Kohler? Would you get a better cut with the 48 inch deck verses the 52 inch deck?

Also, what is the best price you guys got on either one of these mower?

Subject should say: Exmark Lazer Z HP not Exmark Z Master

[Edited by Lawnstar on 03-10-2001 at 06:50 AM]
  2. Stinky

Stinky LawnSite Member

I have a 62" Zmaster and run atomic mulching blades. Never had a problem and cut is great. I would go with larger deck, time is money. Got for around $6,800.00, worth every penny. Also looked at xmark but it was $1,000 for the same thing.I have heard good things about xmark, but I do not think you can go wrong with any commercial mower. It all depends on what you like and what you are comfortable with.

[Edited by Stinky on 03-10-2001 at 07:28 AM]
  3. jason2

jason2 LawnSite Member

I have a full size Lazer Z. 52" deck, 18 hp Kohler. I paid $5800 for it. It cuts great. Mulches great too.