Better outdoor mowers prices going up in ''08

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Commando, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

I know the prices right now are low. The site says prices will increase in ''08
    Does anyone have any idea how much is the increase on the quick 36...?

2. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Just sent you a PM on what I know. I never talked to Gary about it but I did order from Tommy. Just call and ask them point blank how many they have left of the 07's

I took the plunge since I need the tax write off for 07. I'm getting a Sthil BR 600 for X-mass :)

3. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Wonder why the prices are going up? I didnt get a raise this year, did any of you guys?

4. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

everythings going to be going up a ridiculous amount! its just plain stupid, all those cheap nice things now, will be expensive nice things!

5. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

everybodys prices are going up I know Toro is going up.

6. Quick36

Quick36 LawnSite Member

Hey guys,
    There is going to be a small price increase on the 2008 models. It’s not to pad our pockets, it’s to compensate for the price increases we’re receiving from the metal, plastic and rubber manufacturers.

Remember guys, it takes crude oil to manufacture all the above items, not to mention delivering it.

With oil prices rising to over 90 dollars a barrel I forecast most if not all manufactures will have some sort of price increase, if not, their products were already inflated.

It has always been, and still is, our goal to manufacture an outstanding product, provide outstanding service at an outstanding price.

Also guys, as of this morning, we have a very limited number of 2007 models left.

7. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

Exact Roto:

Just wanted to duck in for a second and say Thanks for your business!

Man... I especially like that signature line!!!! You're preachin' to the converted!

GO RON GO! :weightlifter:

Merry Christmas everyone!

gp

8. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Im no business man but I think its a bad time for any of these manufacturers to raise their prices. There is a glut of machines out there and next year any manufacturer that tries to bang us too hard may be going the way of Everride if their greed causes us to just say no.

9. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

I did call Tommy at better he wasn't around to answer my call, but I left my name & number hopefully I'll get a call back...

I have no problem paying a little more like $2,200 for a Fox or quick36 mower. If they go to high, I'll look else where....Alot of competition out there...

10. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

They'll be going the way of Everride anyway if you bunch think they can afford to absorb the higher cost of raw materials and not pass them on. I mean come on, get with the program. If over a short period of time your cost of whatever you do in your business went up, would you just keep your prices the same and start losing money, or would you adjust your prices up to help cover the extra costs without cutting into your bottom line?

Some people. :hammerhead: And, if "you're no business man" , what is your point of being here? If you're just gathering information before starting and you don't have the sense to be a business man, I'd suggest you not even worry about starting, and just go straight to the nearest fast food place and apply.