Better Outdoor Products 36" Dually on the way!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowbizz, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Mowbizz

Mowbizz LawnSite Senior Member

After visiting several of my local dealers for a hydro WB mower...I decided to pull the trigger on a DUALLY!
    Prices at the dealers were in the $4-5k ranges for hydros (if they even had any in stock!) with the exception of a Ferris 36" Hydrocut with some type of "assist system" of steering the mower. For the same money the Dually seems like the way to go. I will be looking forward to getting this machine and will post pics and opinions on it's performance when I start using it.

2. WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7 LawnSite Senior Member

I absolutely love mine. I really can't believe how well it pickups leaves and grass in the catcher. I easily bags 100% better than any 21" mower i've ever used.

3. Mowbizz

Hi....did you get the grass gobbler from the BOP site? Was thinking I should grab one of those too...

4. WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7 LawnSite Senior Member

I got mine from another member on here who didn't use it for his mower so I got a great deal. I would either watch for a used one or call Accerator for their scatch and dent stuff because you will save atleast $100 or more. I also thaught BOPs sulky was too much money so I fabbed my own out of an old Sulky I got cheap. Here it is.
    [​IMG]
    I had an issue of some wheelspin while making sharp corners at low speeds but now thats eliminated because I dropped some tire pressure. It would probably also help if I wasn't overweight myself.

5. Mowbizz

Nice job on the velke...! How does the dually perform while pulling you around on that? Is 15 HP enough beef for pulling?

6. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

It's the best decision you've made this year, believe me ... and we want to see those pictures !!

7. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats!
    Great mower and plenty of power. No problem pulling the step-Saver as long as you don't backup in muddy grass with it :laugh:

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I think bizz is going to whiz because he is so happy with that Quick Dually:)

9. Mowbizz

LOL...I'm liking what I'm hearing...:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:
    Another smallish dealer that sells Ransomes Bobcat mowers called after I had bought the Dually...damn...! I'm so glad I jumped on BOP's deal because a 36" Bobcat hydro was in the neighborhood of $4500 for the 15 hp kaw, and the same mower with the 17hp kaw was near $5k!! sheesh! ;);)
    This particular dealer (has a sideline business with the mowing products) he's mostly auto repair and plow sales...he was flabbergasted by the prices himself and was trying hard to sell me a belt drive left over unit for more money than the Dually!!!

10. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

That's because they really don't have anything to compete with the Dually, on any level !!