Better Outdoor Products Going Out of Business ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnMowerKing10, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Subscribed
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

There are still way too many companies producing commercial mowers. The current market can not absorb the current capacity, let alone new capacity from a startup company.
    Better will not be back as we have known it in the past. I believe their only hope is to sell the rights to their machines, to one of current, well known manufacturers.
    After all, their machines did fill a void in the market.

3. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

Mowingman brings up a real good point. There are way to many mfg's out there right now. BOP never had a good product that fills a niche. Maybe a good product but there are lots of walk behinds a true landscape consumer will choose before a BOP. I see another couple of brands phasing away. Exmark is one of them. Not switching gears here but people who read my posts will know why i believe that.

I don't even own a BOP and i never really considered one, but i feel very offended how Gary came on here and put up this smoke screen about an acquisition. If i'm wrong, ill be the 1st to apologize but it's been well over a year and anyone who wants to have a successful business is our crooked country realizes that time is of the essence and too much time has passed.

RIP BOP.....

4. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Great thread. Should be interesting to follow in the upcoming months.

5. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

You should sell it to me, you know, all things considered ;)

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I'm afraid for now, its RIP BOP.

7. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Fwiw Gary is still shipping parts and kicking.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. kennc38

kennc38 LawnSite Senior Member

If they're not making/selling/shipping mowers, then they're just a one man parts store.

9. fmzip

fmzip LawnSite Member
    from 6

Bummer for you commercial guys that own these mowers.

I am a homeowner with a quick 32 which serves my needs quite well. I really would like to get a bagger for it but don't see one listed on their website. If anyone has one for sale please email me at fmzip at yahoo dot com

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Guess I've missed your posts. Could you link or explain this comment?

Because as I see it, this would be like GM phasing out Chevrolet. Or Ford phasing out Ford. Yes, I am fully aware that Toro owns Exmark and has for several years. But common sense tells you that you don't get rid of one of the top 2 or 3 brands in the country. So please 'splain it to me.

As for BOP, I may not have posted it, but I could have predicted this back in January.