1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Better Outdoor Products Going Out of Business ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnMowerKing10, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

I understand parts being pricey, its a major source of revenue for MFG's and its higher margin as well as it's designed to be that way. Parts sales are meant to recover tooling costs, distribution cost, R&D, the list goes on and on and on....

I see the opposite here, we have 3 exmark dealers in Canton and they all suck, but we have 2 Toro dealers here and only one is worth its salt. The other one sells Exmark & toro and he sucks. Exmark is deep in mowers, but toro is into to mini skids, irrigation, mowers, aerators, etc in the commercial world and they are real deep int he retail world. I dunno, i just cant see the need for Exmark anymore.

Oh well, back to BOP.
  2. Kingfish

Kingfish LawnSite Member

And if you think Exmark is expensive, you've never purchased commercial grade equipment or parts from Toro, have you? As in Grounsmasters on up? I have, and other than the purchase price, the cost of parts on Exmarks is a welcome relief from Toro parts.[/QUOTE]