Better Outdoor Products, no answers to sales inquirey!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheMadOne, May 4, 2011.

1. TheMadOne

TheMadOne LawnSite Member

Hello all,

I've been looking to upgrade my small walk behind a bit, thought the BOP Quick 36 Samurai looks like the mower I would like to have, but so far 3 messages via their site email contact point in the past few days have yielded not a single response. Anyone know if there's something going on with BOP or is this their normal way of handling sales contact messages. I have read & heard mostly good things about BOP, but this lack of response seems like a precursor to customer service should a buyer have a problem. What's up do ya think?

Just found a pretty low price on a new Red Hawk 36" Hydro with a 15hp Kohler motor, but not real familiar with them. A little heavier than what I am wanting too, one reason I like the Quick is the 350 lbs "curb weight". Any other suggestions for a decent light weight 36" hydro with expectations of 6 - 12 hrs worth of usage per week average for the 5 or so month season here.

Um ah little more than 6 - 12 hrs right now as everyplace here is so soaking wet & soft you don't dare take a Scag 52" ZTR into too many places or you have trouble.

Thanks for any positive input!

2. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's an idea call them...

3. NJT

NJT LawnSite Member

There's an 800 number on their home page.

4. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I'm amazed at the number of people who won't pick up a phone and call somebody. They would rather spend days trying to email rather than just getting the job done...

5. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

My office girl to the tea! LOL

6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Yup, spent 30 minutes composing an email for what would be a 2 minute phone conversation, lol.

Maybe they're just busy with it being spring and a ton of people are in a frantic hurry to get that mower that they've procrastinated getting until the last minute? I really can't imagine that there's a busier time for them.

7. Don Woods

Don Woods LawnSite Member

Hey MadOne..I spoke with Gary Patridge earlier. Best way to reach them is via phone. Here's a number: (336)768-6771. If Gary isn't available, ask for Mike Appolonia. Tell them LawnSite sent you their way.

8. TheMadOne

TheMadOne LawnSite Member

Sorry I didn't realize email was such an intellectual challenge for some of you. It was also a multilevel question, sorry for making it too complicated!

I'm going to be dealing with a company that does the majority of it's business through the internet I would expect them to be a little bit versed in doing business that way. BOP has no local dealers or service centers, every other business I have dealt with using the internet as their primary means for generating business & sales fully understands how to do so, hence why I have replies from the other companies I have contacted.

I guess according to the replies so far you should never use a company order page to order and purchase anything either, instead swamp them with phone calls for orders. I don't post a whole lot in this forum, due to usually being busy through the day, hmmmmmm?!! Same reason maybe I use a company's email contact to contact them after regular business hours. Yea what a concept this new thing called email being able to contact someone after business hours. Bad weather has me with some extra time this week, and I guess posting a question here for some positive input was a waist of some of that time.

As for you complaining about people who expect you to answer your company contact emails....... if you don't like doing it don't use it as a contact point for your business instead of getting an attitude towards anyone believing you might be serious about using the internet as a contact point for your business.

Flame away, I more productive things to be getting to than to have a pizzin match with people with nothing better to do. Have fun show off your superior intelligence & wit.

9. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Hmmmm...nice attitude. I recommend you buy the Red Hawk mower!

10. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you guys are being a little rough. Is the moon not lining up with the stars or what?

Last paragraph in the first post said "Thanks for any positive input".

At least Don's post was not negative.

Last edited: May 4, 2011