1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Better Outdoor Products

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by freedm2, Sep 30, 2006.

1. freedm2

freedm2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Does anyone know what Better Outdoor Products / Quick 36 will be coming out with for 07? I'm thinking of picking up a 06 Samurai but I want to know if I should wait....

Samurai looks like a great machine. I'm trying to find someone in my area to take a look at it before I buy.

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

The Samurai is awsome....07 will be a 44" WB
  3. Hermanator

Hermanator LawnSite Member

yes i do, i just spoke with Gary yesterday. they are coming out with a 44" and also, they have changed the thumb reverse. a lot easier and it doesn't have to move as far. also they speeded up reverse 1.5 mph more.

i asked him to move it to the left handle. right handle for forward and left handle for reverse with no thumb control. he said he wants to try this first. i would get the quick 36 if you don't need a 32" for your gates, but make sure you order it with the faster reverse and the new thumb control.
  4. freedm2

freedm2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

I wonder if they had to change out the K46 hydro to get the faster reverse? I doubt they went to a K57.

Anyone know what the 07 price increase will look like?

Gary said that they had a seriously competetive price coming on the new models.....That's all he would say.......got to keep the competition guessing....
  6. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Are they gonna make a floating deck model? Will the 44 be a dual hydro or single hydro like the rest?

Pretty sure its a fixed deck and a single hydro thats alot bigger than the one thehy use now..they got reverse to go 1.5 mph faster and changed the handles . It still going to be largley like the 36 three blade not deep and I believe its only like 2" deeper than the 36
  8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

if they had a 32 i would get one in a heart beat
  9. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Man Im gonna HAVE to get a 44!! Honestly...Im just so excited about this company, and all the great stuff to come from them!!
  10. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

I want a 44 for sure to.. wonder if they will offer any trade in programs ... either way Im seriously going to be interested in a 44...