1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Better Outdoor Products

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jweiner, Sep 30, 2012.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I think I would stick with Wright or Scag.

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Why is that?

3. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I exchanged E-Mails with Gary last week and they are apparently still taking delivery of some parts, like blades, etc. !! I bought some blades for my machine.

He indicated that he is still "working to close the deal" ... time will tell.

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

They could have been building mowers right up to the day they supposedly sold out.

5. larryinalabama

Its possible they will.

I dont see what the big deal is Im positive I could assemble my 44 duelly in lesss than 2 hours, the faburacation of the deck is likley the biggest expense of the mower.

6. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I'd bet that it's the engine !!

7. larryinalabama

Worst case you could but the engine after the mower is ordered. Ive seen 16 hp kawasakis as low as 800$ for 1, so a oredr for 100 has to be less.

It shouldnt be that big of a problem to sort of "custom" build thes machines as the orders come in. I could be completely wrong, but I still say I could assemble the mower in less than 2 hours.