Better Pre-emergent Prices

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Runner, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'm hoping I can ask something of everyone on here. We are gathering some info on Pre-emergent prices around the state and region (Mich., Indiana, Ohio, or there abouts). This will include Dimension, Pendi, or whatever else. Please let me know if there is any price break applied on the prices given. For instance, I realize that a standard price may not be the same as someone who is doing 120 ton a season. I am looking for some pricing from different suppliers - OTHER than JDL/Lesco. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :waving:

2. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

First of all, as far as dimension goes mostly all producers are buying thier Tech materials from Dow, which means most price fluxuation is going to be once it's tyed to fert, I've found when dealing with 20 plus ton orders most suppliers are very close on 0-0-8,0-0-7 .15-.17 , once you get into these same orders with fert usually everyones within a buck of eachother on comparable fert analysis. once you start to talk barricade/stonewall you will find the truckload price is usually about a buck better than dimension this year on average. As far as one bag up to 8 - 10 pallets the prices vary so much between distributers it's just sick. I've seen lots and lots of quotes this spring from uap,harrels,fisher and son, lawn and golf,synatek,agriliance,jdl,and so on and the truckload pricing is very very close.